It is normal for a person to have needs. What are the basis needs of mankind.
In this bible study, we discuss more about our needs, our reaction and the role of God to our needs.
II. BIBLE READING
Matthew 6:25-34 (ESV) “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
This was part of the sermon on the mountain of Jesus Christ. If you want to know the whole sermon of Jesus, just read Matthew 5 to 7. This part of sermon, He talked about the provision of God to the needs of people. He compare the continuous blessing of God to people by giving examples on how He provides the animals and His creation.
Let us study further this context and let us apply the goodness of God into our lives.
1. Why Jesus started the word “Therefore”?
2. Jesus warned the people about loving money but instead love God and earn treasures in heaven. For the people who were listening, they might think this way: “If I’m going to earn treasures in heaven, How do I live now, how about the needs of my family?” So how did Jesus encourage the people to love God and earn treasures in heaven?
A. Prioritising God means Worry Free Life
1. What is WORRY?
2. How did God provided His creation?
B. Prioritising God means Providing All our needs
1. God knows that these are our needs (verse 32). How can we avoid worrying?
2. As we identify our basic needs before we started the bible study. Let us discuss, “do I include God to seek my all needs? Do I need God?
3. If we need God, How do we show that we need Him?
Most people including Christians are searching so much to get all their needs but they ignore the greatest need to should have — that is Jesus.